2 Martyred, several injured as anti-terror operation in Kulgam enters 9th day

Picture of News Bulletin

News Bulletin

FOLLOW US:

SHARE:

Srinagar: Two Army soldiers were Martyred and two others injured in an overnight gunfight with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kulgam district, officials said on Saturday. The encounter, among the longest anti-terror operations in the Valley, entered its ninth day.

The Srinagar-based Chinar Corps, in a post on X, paid tribute to the fallen soldiers, Lance Naik Pritpal Singh and Sepoy Harminder Singh, praising their courage and dedication, and affirming that their sacrifice would forever inspire the force. The Army expressed solidarity with the bereaved families, adding that the operation was still in progress.

The encounter began on August 1 after security forces launched a cordon-and-search operation in Akhal forest, south Kashmir, based on specific intelligence inputs about terrorist presence. Two terrorists have been killed so far, though their identities and group affiliations remain unconfirmed.

Officials said the overnight exchange of fire also left two more soldiers injured, raising the total number of injured security personnel in the operation to nine. Senior police and Army officers, including J&K Police chief Nalin Prabhat and Northern Army Commander Lt Gen Pratik Sharma, are monitoring the operation round the clock.

Drones, helicopters, and para commandos have been deployed to track and neutralise the remaining terrorists in the dense forest area.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Read More