Kishtwar Cloudburst: LG Manoj Sinha announces rescue operations in full swing; Home Minister pledges complete support

Picture of News Bulletin

News Bulletin

FOLLOW US:

SHARE:

JAMMU: Rescue and relief operations are underway in full force at Chositi village in Kishtwar district, Jammu and Kashmir, following a devastating cloudburst, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha said.

He added that Home Minister Amit Shah has assured all possible support.

“Rescue and relief operations at Chashoti (Chositi) are in full swing. Men and machinery have been deployed at the site, and additional teams have been rushed in,” the L-G posted on X.

Officials reported that at least 20 people, including two CISF personnel, have died, and several others are feared trapped after the massive cloudburst hit the remote mountain village on Thursday. So far, 98 people have been rescued, while 28 are reported to be in serious condition.

Sinha said he had briefed the Home Minister on the ongoing efforts by various agencies. “He has assured all possible assistance,” the L-G confirmed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Read More