Jerusalem: The Israeli military reported striking a Hezbollah command post in southern Lebanon amid ongoing cross-border tensions despite a ceasefire.
Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency said Israeli drones fired two missiles at a car in Yater, injuring one person. The Health Ministry’s emergency operations center confirmed the casualty on Monday.
In a statement, the Israeli military said the strike targeted Hezbollah infrastructure and vowed to continue operations “to remove threats to Israel.” Hezbollah has not issued any response, Xinhua news agency reported.
A US- and French-brokered ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah took effect on November 27, 2024, ending more than a year of clashes. Despite the agreement, Israel has conducted occasional strikes in Lebanon, citing efforts to neutralize Hezbollah threats, and has maintained forces in parts of the border area after the February 18 deadline for a full withdrawal passed.
Last week, Israel also carried out an unprecedented airstrike in Doha, Qatar, targeting a building used by senior Hamas officials in what Israeli authorities described as an attempt to assassinate the group’s leaders.
In a joint statement, the Israeli military and the Shin Bet security agency claimed responsibility, saying the operation targeted Hamas leaders “directly responsible for the October 7 massacre” and employed “precise munitions and intelligence” to minimize civilian harm.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called it “a wholly independent Israeli operation.” “Israel initiated it, Israel conducted it, and Israel takes full responsibility,” his office said, Xinhua reported.
Eyewitnesses in Doha reported loud explosions and a large plume of smoke over the capital; no immediate casualties were reported.








