Death Toll in Red Fort Blast Rises to 12

Picture of News Bulletin

News Bulletin

FOLLOW US:

SHARE:

NEW DELHI: The death toll from the blast near the Red Fort has climbed to 12 after three more victims succumbed to their injuries, police said on Tuesday.

A powerful explosion tore through a slow-moving car at a traffic signal near the Red Fort Metro station on Monday evening. Officials said that as of last night, nine people had been confirmed dead and 20 others injured.

Police confirmed that three more injured persons have died, raising the toll to 12.

An FIR has been registered under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the Explosives Act in connection with the incident.

Meanwhile, Delhi Police have launched raids at several locations, and the national capital remains on high alert with heightened security at airports, railway stations, and bus terminals.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Read More