Indian Army Denies Ceasefire Violation Along LoC, Dismisses Social Media Claims

Picture of News Bulletin

News Bulletin

FOLLOW US:

SHARE:

New Delhi: The Indian Army has denied reports circulating on social media about a ceasefire violation in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district, asserting that no such incident has occurred along the Line of Control (LoC).

In a statement issued on Tuesday, the Army said, “There have been some media and social media reports regarding ceasefire violations in the Poonch region. It is clarified that there has been no ceasefire violation along the Line of Control.”

The false claims surfaced on August 5, coinciding with the anniversary of the abrogation of Article 370.

Meanwhile, security forces continued a joint anti-terror operation for the fifth consecutive day in the Akhal Devsar area of South Kashmir’s Kulgam district. So far, one terrorist has been neutralised.

According to the Chinar Corps, the encounter began on Saturday and involved the Indian Army, Jammu and Kashmir Police, CRPF, and the Special Operations Group (SOG). In a post on X, the Chinar Corps said, “OP AKHAL, Kulgam: Intermittent and intense firefight continued through the night. Alert troops responded with calibrated fire and tightened the noose while maintaining contact. One terrorist has been neutralised. Operation continues.”

Separately, in an earlier operation in the Poonch sector on July 30, the Indian Army’s White Knight Corps eliminated two terrorists attempting to infiltrate across the LoC.

Detailing the encounter, the White Knight Corps posted on X, “Operation Shivashakti: In a successful anti-infiltration operation, alert troops of the Indian Army eliminated two terrorists attempting to cross the LoC. Swift action and accurate firepower thwarted their nefarious plans. Three weapons were recovered. The operation was enabled by coordinated intelligence from Army units and the J&K Police.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Read More